RE Module Performance

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:54:01 EDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 01:09 PM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
> Matable, immutable, copyint + xxx, bufferint, O(n) ....
> Yes, but conceptualy the reencoding happen sometime, somewhere.
> The internal "ucs-2" will never automagically be transformed
> into "ucs-4" (eg).

So what major python project are you working on where you've found FSR
in general to be a problem?  Maybe we can help you work out a more
appropriate data structure and algorithm to use.

But if you're not developing something, and not developing in Python,
perhaps you should withdraw and let us use our horrible FSR in peace,
because it doesn't seem to bother the vast majority of python
programmers, and does not bother some large python projects out there.
In fact I think most of us welcome integrated, correct, full unicode.