How do I get the OS System Font Directory(Cross-Platform) in python?

Metallicow metaliobovinus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:19:50 EDT 2013

@ Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick
Thanks, that is a start anyway.
a Pure-Python way was what I was wanting, not win32api stuff.

"C:\Windows\Fonts"
The windows path proves valid. Works on XP, Vista, 7. Not sure about win8...?

Don't have a mac handy, but the link should be enough to help write some code before testing. I don't own a mac, but IIRC macs come with python installed, so a trip to the apple shop might be in order.

As far as linux goes, basically Ubuntu/Kubuntu(dirivs), Mandriva/Mageia, Mint, and some of the more popular distros is all I am really looking for. Checking for these is VirtualBox shouldn't be too hard with your instructions and platform.linux_distribution()

Thanks again.
Here is the 'Open Font License 1.1 (OFL 1.1)' Fonts I will be using.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcecodepro.adobe/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/

Also found these links that might help with pathing.
http://www.fontation.com/feature/
http://www.yearbooks.biz/?event=FAQ.Detail&faq=3