Kivy for Python 3.3

Paul Kölle paul at subsignal.org
Fri Jul 12 06:14:46 EDT 2013

Am 11.07.2013 16:26, schrieb fronagzen at gmail.com:
[scnipp]
> C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Python33\include
> -IC:\Python33\include -c kivy\graphics\vertex_instructions.c -o
> build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\kivy\grap hics\vertex_instructions.o In
> file included from kivy\graphics\vertex_instructions.c:314:0:
> kivy\graphics\/gl_redirect.h:8:22: fatal error: GL/glew.h: No such
> file or direc tory compilation terminated. error: command 'gcc'
> failed with exit status 1
>
> Working on the reasoning that sticking the missing file into the
> python3.3\libs file worked, I tried adding the glew files
> (glew32.dll, glew32.lib, GL\glew and GL\wglew.h) there, however, it
> doesn't seem to have made a difference. And this I googled this
> before asking. Doesn't seem to be much.

Hi,

I can feel your pain beeing dragged into
compile-unknown-source-on-windows from an innocent looking python script
;) This time it's not the linker complaining but GCC (the compiler)
itself not being able to find the header file GL/glew.h. Headers are
searched in the so called "include path" which is specified in setup.py.
This link http://glew.sourceforge.net/install.html suggests glew.h is
part of VisualStudio, and has some other interesting information.

hth
  Paul