Best Scripting Language for Embedded Work?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 10 10:15:04 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-10, David T  Ashley <dashley at gmail.com> wrote:

> We develop embedded software for 32-bit micros using Windows as the
> development platform.
>
> We are seeking a general purpose scripting language to automate
> certain tasks, like cleaning out certain directories of certain types
> of files in preparation for ZIP'ing, generating certain source files
> automatically, etc.

That's what a command shell is for.  Since windows doesn't come with a
real one, I'd recommend installing Cygwin and then using bash, make,
etc.

Better yet.  Abandon windows and switch to an OS environment intended
for software development rather than generating time-wasting
power-point presentations.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Look!  A ladder!
                                  at               Maybe it leads to heaven,