crack a router passcode

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Jul 9 16:59:18 EDT 2013

On 07/09/2013 12:06 PM, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

      <SNIP>

> What is the reason of a spambot? Spam a usenet forum to gain what?

Spam is unsolicited advertising.  A bot is a robot, or other automated
device.  So Spambots on a usenet newsgroup send apparently innocent
questions that also contain links to their websites, or the trash
they're pushing.  Somebody here claimed that the trash got stripped from
the message before it went out to us.

All I know is it was obvious that there were about 8 spam messages, and
so I ignored them.  They were from one email address (then two), and in
rapid succession, and none of them asked anything relevant to this
newsgroup.  To others it wasn't so obvious, and numerous people have
wasted time responding to them.

--
DaveA