crack a router passcode

Ferrous Cranus nikos at superhost.gr
Tue Jul 9 09:23:42 EDT 2013

Στις 9/7/2013 3:08 μμ, ο/η Neil Cerutti έγραψε:
> On 2013-07-09, saadharana <saadharana at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I need to crack my router passcode to see what firmware it's
>> running. There's a passcode set but I don't remember it and
>> it's not written down anywhere.
>
> No you don't. If it's your router and you forgot the password
> just reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Of course he can do what as you have said, but lets assume it was he
router and had no reset button.

Could python somehow brute force http://192.168.1.1/login.php giving
user and pass trying to guess the password?

Could it be able to pass values to the input boxes of router's web login
interface?

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!