the general development using Python

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 04:41:36 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM, CM <cmpython at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are projects that "bundle" the CPython interpreter with your
>> project, but this makes those files really big.
>
> Maybe 5-20 MB.  That's a lot bigger than a few hundred K, but it's not that important to keep size down, really.

Funny story: at my workplace we solve the distribution problem by
placing both the Python interpreter and applications on a network
share.  I have inherited a program that nonetheless is stored on the
network share as a pyInstaller bundle because it is (perceived to be)
faster to transfer a single .exe over the network during start-up than
all the individual files on demand.