ipython

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:29:04 EDT 2013

On 9/07/2013 12:44 AM, davide.dalmasso at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I work with Python 3.3.
> I downloaded an IPython executable version from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
> I installed it but no shortcut appears in my start menu.
> How can I launch it or alternatively is there some other free source of executable file for Windows 7?

The IPython installer actually mentions this when it finishes
installing:

"Distribute (setuptools) is required to create Start Menu items.
Re-run this installer after installing distribute to get Start
Menu items."

You can grab the setup for distribute from:

     http://python-distribute.org/distribute_setup.py

If your Python 3.3 installation is part of your PATH, you simply do:

     python3 distribute_setup.py install

When it's finished, run the IPython installer again and you'll find
it now creates a start menu shortcut for you.