ipython

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 8 10:57:14 EDT 2013

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 07:44:11 -0700, davide.dalmasso wrote:

> Hi, I work with Python 3.3.
> I downloaded an IPython executable version from
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ I installed it but no
> shortcut appears in my start menu. How can I launch it or alternatively
> is there some other free source of executable file for Windows 7? Many
> Thanks

That's more of a Windows 7 question than a Python question. I don't know
how to add a command to the Windows start menu.

How do you know ipython installed successfully? When you installed it,
did you get any errors?

Try going to the Start menu, selecting the Run command, and typing
ipython [enter].

--
Steven