hex dump w/ or w/out utf-8 chars

ferdy.blatsco at gmail.com ferdy.blatsco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:31:32 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,
glad to have received your contribution, but I was expecting much more
critics...
Starting from the "little nitpick" about the comment dispositon in my
script... you are correct... It is a bad habit on my part to place
variables subjected to change at the beginning of the script... and then
forget it...
About the mistake due to replace, you gave me a perfect explanation.
Unfortunately (as probably I told you before) I will never pass to
Python 3...  Guido should not always listen only to gurus like him...
I don't like Python as before...starting from OOP and ending with codecs
like utf-8. Regarding OOP, much appreciated expecially by experts, he
could use python 2 for hiding the complexities of OOP (improving, as an
effect, object's code hiding) moving classes and objects to
imported methods, leaving in this way the programming style to the
well known old style: sequential programming and functions.
About utf-8... the same solution: keep utf-8 but for the non experts, add
methods to convert to solutions which use the range 128-255 of only one
byte (I do not give a damn about chinese and "similia"!...)
I know that is a lost battle (in italian "una battaglia persa")!

Bye, Blatt