AMQP listening and user-facing daemon

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jul 9 03:05:19 EDT 2013

Justin Chiu <c.justin88 at gmail.com> writes:

> What is the best approach to writing a concurrent daemon that can
> execute callbacks for different types of events (AMQP messages, parsed
> output of a subprocess, HTTP requests)?

I fear your question is too specific (which means you must investigate
yourself).

First of all, it is always very difficult to answer questions
like "the best way" -- many many details are involved there.

You provided details but to appreciate them one has to know
"AMQP", "Openstack Notifications", "twisted", "greenlets", ...
There will not be a lot of people with this knowledge (I do not
belong to them).

I believe that you will be able to realize a solution
based on (Python) threads. It gives you the more freedom
than "twisted" or "greenlets". But a different approach
might be "better" (in some respect).