Explain your acronyms (RSI?)

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Jul 6 16:11:42 EDT 2013

Rotwang, 06.07.2013 21:51:
> On 06/07/2013 20:38, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> "rms has crippling RSI" (anonymous, as quoted by Skip).
>> [...]
>> Let us try Google. Type in RSI and it offers 'RSI medications' as a
>> choice. Sound good, as it will eliminate all the companies with those
>> initials. The two standard medical meanings of RSI seem to be Rapid
>> Sequence Intubation and Rapid Sequence Induction. But those are
>> procedures, not chronic syndromes. So I still do not know what the
>> original poster, as quoted by Skip, meant.
>
> Repetitive strain injury, I assume. Not sure if you're joking but over here
> the top 7 hits for "RSI" on Google, as well as the three ads that precede
> them, are repetitive strain injury-related.

Both of you might want to delete your browser cookies, log out of your
Google accounts, and then retry. Maybe disabling JavaScript helps. Or
enabling the Privacy Mode in your browser. Or try a different browser all
together. Or a different search engine. Google has lots of ways to detect
who's asking.

Stefan