Editor Ergonomics [was: Important features for editors]

Xue Fuqiao xfq.free at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 00:17:12 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Giorgos Tzampanakis
<giorgos.tzampanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2013-07-06, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>> * movement between the mouse and the keyboard
>
> Avoid at all costs. Use an editor that never needs the mouse (emacs or
> vim).

I don't use vim often, but for Emacs, I think mouse is often needed:

* It is especially handy for selecting and deleting text.
* Mouse wheel gives you fine control.  You can scroll by a few lines,
  but scroll-{up, down}-command can't.  For programmers working on
  source code, this is especially nice.
* There is mouse3.el[fn:1], which is very convenient.

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mouse3.el

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.