Geo Location extracted from visitors ip address

Νίκος Gr33k nikos at superhost.gr
Sat Jul 6 16:12:02 EDT 2013

Στις 6/7/2013 5:43 μμ, ο/η Dennis Lee Bieber έγραψε:
>> It was some guy form hostgator.com that had told me that a python script
>> has the same level of access to anything on the filesystem as its
>> coressponding user running it, implying that if i run it under user
>> 'root' the python script could access anything.
> 	Yes, IF YOU RUN IT UNDER "root"... The ownership of the script file
> doesn't control the privileges it runs under as long as the file itself is
> read-access to other "users".

I though that the ownership of the script file controlled the privileges
it runs under.....

Who controlls the script's privileges then?
The process that calls the script file, i.e. Apache?

 > as the file itself is
 > read-access to other "users".

What do you mean by that?
--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!