Geo Location extracted from visitors ip address

Νίκος Gr33k nikos at superhost.gr
Fri Jul 5 21:41:10 EDT 2013

Yes i know iam only storing the ISP's city instead of visitor's homeland
but this is the closest i can get:

try:
   gi = pygeoip.GeoIP('/home/nikos/GeoLiteCity.dat')
   city = gi.time_zone_by_addr( os.environ['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'] )
   host = socket.gethostbyaddr( os.environ['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'] )
except Exception as e:
   host = repr(e)

Tried it myself and it falsey said that i'am from Europe/Athens (capital
of Greece) while i'am from Europe/Thessaloniki (sub-capital of Greece)

If we can pin-point the uvisitor more accurately plz let me know.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!