Geo Location extracted from visitors ip address

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Jul 5 18:24:08 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-05, ?????????? Gr33k <nikos at superhost.gr> wrote:

> Is there a way to extract out of some environmental variable the Geo
> location of the user being the city the user visits out website from?

No.

> Perhaps by utilizing his originated ip address?

There is a very poor correlation between IP address and geographical
location.  I know that users of the ISPs in hometown are consistently
mis-identified as being from towns 1500km away.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If elected, Zippy
                                  at               pledges to each and every