Illegal suggestions on python list

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 13:10:07 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 07:02:26 -0700, rusi wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:03:19 PM UTC+5:30, Steve Simmons wrote:
> >> Boy oh boy! You really are a slow learner Nicos. You have just offered
> >> to commit a crime and to include dozens of others in that crime ON A
> >> PUBLIC FORUM. Please think before you post.
> >
> > For the record Steve, let me say, I find Robert Kern's objection barely
> > sufficient.
> >
> > And yours less than that.
> >
> > Note that you are not objecting to the crime
>
> Which crime is that? Presumably you mean an actual criminal felony, not a
> mere civil offence. Under which jurisdiction?
>

> > but to the public
> > expression of it. Just look at your objection from the angle of a police
> > officer, and you will see that it can certainly be construed as
> > abetment/collusion
>
> If piracy is a crime, and not just a civil offence, then surely so is
> libel. You have just accused Steve Simmons of collusion in a felony,
> based on absolutely no evidence at all. That's as clear a case of libel
> as I've ever seen. Although I'm not sure that the damages should be
> terribly high -- there's little evidence that anyone treats your
> ridiculously exaggerated claims about other people's supposed crimes as
> anything but hot air.
>
> But, putting damages aside, according to what passes for the reasoning
> that you have demonstrated here, your committing libel would make you
> equally a "petty criminal" as Nikos.
>

> Speaking of petty, this whole witch-hunt is getting ridiculous. Don't you
> have something more productive to do? Accusing people of colluding in
> crimes because they fail to be sufficiently zealous in "objecting to the
> crime" is nuts.
>

> --
> Steven
> --

You've got your OO class hierarchy mixed up and then imposing that on me.

See
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/crimes-felonies-misdemeanors-infractions-classification-33814.html

I did not say or suggest felony.
Maybe misdemeanor or infarction. Dunno which. IANAL...