Beginner - GUI devlopment in Tkinter - Any IDE with drag and drop feature like Visual Studio?

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 11:24:42 EDT 2013

On 07/04/2013 06:23 AM, Aseem Bansal wrote:
> I want to start GUI development using Tkinter in Python 2.7.5.
>
> I have been searching all over google but couldn't find any IDE that
> has drag-and-drop feature for Python GUI development.

For Tkinter, no luck.  The general consensus always seems to be that
Tkinter and/or apps written using it tend to be simple enough to not
really need that much 'help'.  Being a new(er) user I kind of disagree,
as I think having to 'hand code' everything for the gui library included
with Python detracts somewhat from its appeal to new users in that
particular area.

Qt Creator is available for PyQt, which may be a better pick for you
depending on what you want to do.  It does have a drag-n-drop interface
that is very slick, but it generates a .ui file that still needs to be
translated into a python module and imported into your main 'program'
file - but it takes a *lot* of the tedium out of creating a user
interface more complicated than a simple dialog window.

HTH,

Monte