Coping with cyclic imports

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Jul 5 20:47:33 EDT 2013

On 05Jul2013 10:36, Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
| On 5 July 2013 02:24, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
| > On 04Jul2013 16:03, Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
| > | Is there some reason you're responding to a post from 5 years ago?
| >
| > Is there some reason not to, if no newer solutions are available?
|
| No, I was genuinely curious. My way of accessing this
| forum/newsgroup/mailing list doesn't give me a way to respond to very
| old posts but others seem to do it every now and again. I see now that
| if you're looking at an old thread in Google Groups (rather than e.g.
| the python.org archives) it makes the thread seem more like a forum
| than a newsgroup or a mailing list so that it's easy and seems more
| natural to respond to old posts.

Fair enough.

Personally, like others, I stay as far away from GG as possible.

Instead, when I join a mailing list (a far better way to access this IMO),
I pull down the list archives and unpack them into my folder for the list.

That way old posts are right there, ready for access. And if someone
replies to an old thread, I've got the whole thing!

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

It is not a simple life to be a single cell, although I have no right to say
so, having been a single cell so long ago myself that I have no memory at all
of that stage of my life.       - Lewis Thomas