Important features for editors

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Jul 4 04:34:44 EDT 2013

On 07/04/2013 03:59 AM, Νίκος wrote:
> Στις 4/7/2013 10:32 πμ, ο/η cutems93 έγραψε:
>> I am researching on editors for my own reference. I found that each of
>> them has some features that other don't, but I am not sure which
>> features are significant/necessary for a GOOD editor. What features do
>> you a good editor should have? Keyboard shortcuts? Extensions?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Min
>>
> Download Sublime Text v3
>
> Is a great editor

When possible, it's polite to supply a link to the page where it's
described or can be downloaded.  In this case,

http://www.sublimetext.com/

It looks pretty good on the web page.  The main negatives I can see are:
     It costs $70 per user
     It can only be purchased with Paypal, which I won't use.
     It's available for OS/X, Linux and Windows, with a single purchase
     The eval/demo is not time-limited (currently)

The positives
     It can be customized, apparently in Python
     The simple customizations are specified by JSON files
     Current download is version 2, but there's a version 3 beta, and if
you buy now, you won't have an upgrade fee.

Note that the OP didn't ask which is a good editor, but which features
make a good editor.  I'll post a response to that in a little while.

--
DaveA