How to tell Script to use pythonw.exe ?

Νίκος nikos at superhost.gr
Wed Jul 3 11:22:53 EDT 2013

Στις 3/7/2013 6:43 πμ, ο/η Tim Roberts έγραψε:
> goldtech <leegold at operamail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I just changed the file extension of the script file from .py to .pyw
>> and it uses pythonw.exe. I didn't read it anywhere, just intuited it
>> and tried it. Python has some very smart people working the language...
>
> While your statement is true, that's not what happened here.
>
> Windows has long had the ability to associate a file extension with a
> handler.  If you start a command shell, the "assoc" command tells you the
> program type associated with an extension, and the "ftype" command tells
> you the command line that will be executed for that program type.  On my
> box:
>
> C:\tmp>assoc .py
> .py=Python
>
> C:\tmp>ftype Python
> Python="C:\Apps\Python27\Python.exe" "%1" %*
>
> C:\tmp>assoc .pyw
> .pyw=Python.NoConFile
>
> C:\tmp>ftype Python.NoConFile
> Python.NoConFile="C:\Apps\Python27\Pythonw.exe" "%1" %*
>
> You can create your own, if you want.  If you want files with a .script
> extension to run PythonW, you can type:
>
>      assoc .script=Python.NoConFile

My associations are broken, bt i only care for open web pages with
Chrome instead of IE, so i sued your method:

C:\Windows\system32>assoc .html=Chrome
.html=Chrome

C:\Windows\system32>ftype
Chrome="C:\Users\Ferrous\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
%1

Chrome="C:\Users\Ferrous\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
%1

but still when i click a link IE keeps popping up isntead of Chrome.
Any ideas why?
--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!