Python list code of conduct

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Jul 2 19:46:13 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.4125.1372798337.3114.python-list at python.org>,
 Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:

> If you find a bug in Python, don't send it to comp.lang.python; file
> a bug report in the issue tracker.

I'm not sure I agree with that one, at least not fully.  It's certainly
true that you shouldn't expect anybody to do anything about a bug unless
you open an issue.

On the other hand, I often find it useful to discuss things that I
believe are bugs on c.l.p first.  Sometimes people will explain to me
that I'm just doing it wrong.  Sometimes the discussion will end up
with, "Yeah, that's a bug".  In either case, it serves as a good initial
filter for whether I should file a bug or not, and the discussion is
often educational.