python adds an extra half space when reading froma string or list -- back to the question

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 17:16:46 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:32:44 AM UTC+5:30, Dave Angel wrote:
> But what was the expected output?  And who cares?  The code made no
> sense, was incomplete, and the posted question was nonsensical.

Yes in this specific instance all this is probably true.
I believe however, that Joel's intent in reposting this is more global (and important) in its scope, viz:

If this list persists in the current unhealthy state which it is experiencing, authentic noob questions will get buried in mountains of bullshit.

Note: I find Joshua's answer fine given the question.

> If the OP has abandoned it, so should we.

If you were a noob-OP who asked that question and the result unfolded as it has, what would you do?