python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:48:59 EDT 2013

A plague is raging in the town
A rat scampers into the room.
People are harried --- A RAT!

Rurpy:  Rats are living beings dont you know?! Never kill a living being!
Its not humanitarian, er rattatitarian.
(200 more posts on humanitarianism, veganism, rattatitarianism etc)

Alex: Hear Hear! But first lets rename our august assembly as rat support assembly

Steven: I know how to solve this problem. Quarantining a rat for a month cures plague. Now I dont know how to do that... so I am quarantining myself.

Somebody begins to protest:
Steven: You dare protest?! I quarantine you... er myself.

Joel: Go away Rat.  Go far away.  You are not a good person.  You are not even a
good rat.  You are just rat the brat.  You should take up something you
can do better than this.. like maybe sleeping

Chris1 (saunters into the room in shorts carrying a hockey stick):
Here folks I am going to solve the problem once and for all.
[Swish -- after flying across the room the rat lies still on its back]

Everyone: Bravo Chris!

[After a while the rat is scampering more energetically than ever before]
Everyone: Aww Chris! Why did you not hit it harder?!?!
Chris1: [Yawn] Im bored. Bye...

Chris2: I have a solution.  Here's a rat-trap. Can someone please buy me some bait?

Mark: Hey rat! Ive a game for you. Willing to play?
[Rat picks up its ears]
Mark: Its called suicide-game. I pretend to commit suicide. You actually commit suicide. Do you like my game?
[Rat ignores Mark and keeps scampering about]

Antoon: Since we dont have a cure for plague (this is a couple of centuries before tetracycline) lets rename plague to troll...