python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:44:35 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Νίκος <nikos at superhost.gr> wrote:
> Στις 3/7/2013 12:45 μμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:
>
>>> ] You have betrayed the trust of all your customers.
>>>
>>> Which seemed to be accepted on this list without a problem.
>>

>> If my boss gave a random stranger from a mailing list the root
>> password to one of our servers, I would say to his face that he had
>> betrayed his (our) customers' trust. I would say it with strong
>> emphasis and a raised tone, too, and no small heat. The words you
>> quote above are perfectly factual and, in my opinion, business-like
>> language.
>

> I just received a call form on of my customers asking me to explain your
> mail and i did tell him the complete truth.
>
> He was surprised by what i did my hopefully he will not leave from my
> server.

I'd like to have been cc'd in on that conversation; if indeed you gave
him the complete truth, then there's nothing to hide, right?

> any way all is well now.

Until you retract your statement that you would happily give out root
access again to some other random person across the internet, all is
NOT well.

Calling you incompetent at managing a server is like calling a doctor
incompetent for surgically removing your throat to cure a common cold.
It's too late, at that point, to undo what's happened, but if that
same doctor still says he'd do the same again to cure another cold in
another patient, I think most of us would look for another doctor.
People deciding to stay with that doctor is NOT "all is well".

ChrisA