python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 3 20:53:44 EDT 2013

rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> As a good Christian I believe that Chris tried more than anyone else
> on this list to help Nikos before talking recourse to another gem of
> biblical wisdom:

> He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him
> chasteneth him betimes.

Good Christian morality entails biblical encouragement to beat one's
child with a rod, I see.

Please, may I be spared encounters with good Christians.

Let's end right now the insidious doctrine that beating a person –
metaphorically or otherwise – is ever acceptable in this forum. If that
contradicts anyone's good Christian morality, then good Christian
morality is dead wrong and needs to be rejected.

--
 \     “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” —Mark |
  `\                                    Twain, _Following the Equator_ |