python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Joshua Landau joshua.landau.ws at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:56:21 EDT 2013

On 1 July 2013 16:49, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, July 1, 2013 9:04:11 PM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> > And no, i do not want to piss off people like you, who have spend time
>> > helping me.
>> Too late. I asked you to stop flaming on-list, and you didn't. I am now
>> kill-filing you for a month. Feel grateful that it is not permanent, and
>> take this time to reflect that you are running out of people willing to
>> help you.
>
> A suggestion (request??) to all list members in this respect:
>
> We strengthen Steven's decision as follows:
>
> For the next month (till 1st August)
> - No discussions about Nikos specifically or trolling/flaming in general
> - No answers to anything he asks

(This does not target you, but is a response to your suggested response)

No, it's:

1) Insults and off-topic derogatory are not allowed.

That's it. If you're insulted, tough. Take it off-list. If you think
it's totally and unabashedly Nikos's fault, tough. Take it off-list.
If you think Nikos is completely innocent, tough. Take it off-list.

Insults and derogatory are not cool. I thought we were adults. If you
choose to ignore Nikos's posts, fine. If you choose like me to wait
until he asks questions well, fine. Whatever. That's beside the point.

As before. no insults, no derogatory. If you don't get why this is not
allowed, you need to step back.

To put things in perspective, these are the people who have been
insulting on this post:

Mark Lawrence (once, probably without meaning to be insulting)
Nikos
Antoon Pardon

And here are the people who have reminded them to stop:

Steve Simmons
Steven D'Aprano
Andrew Berg
Walter Hurry
rusi
Joshua Landau (me)

So yes, Antoon Pardon and Nikos, please stop. You are not representing
the list. I haven't followed any of the other arguments, true, but you
two in particular are causing a lot of trouble for the rest of us. It
is not hard to avoid making your disagreements public.