python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 08:44:40 EDT 2013

Op 01-07-13 11:46, Νίκος schreef:
> Στις 1/7/2013 12:31 μμ, ο/η Steve Simmons έγραψε:
>
>> I don't know about the other members of this list but I am becoming
>> increasingly disturbed by the rudeness and especially the foul language
>> that is being perpetrated on this thread. Please, if you have any
>> decency at all, continue the rest of this exchange by private email and
>> allow python list members to continue discussing and helping each other
>> with the python language and is adjuncts. Leave us in peace to enjoy our
>> favoured language and let us see no more of your filth.
>>
>> Sent from a Galaxy far far away
>
> I have kept in quite more than 2 weeks while kept reading any mail in
> this list especially the endless conversation and numerous name
> callings against me.

You poor thing. A horrible two weeks of people who couldn't see
the pearls of consideration you had shown and who were
seeing you as somekind of asshole.

> You should know that i'm fed up reading this.
> If i'm provoked i will respond.

Yes, because if you are fed up with how others behave,  it is the fault
of these
others in provoking you. And of course when the others are fed of with how
you behave, it is again the fault of the others because the have a
faulty perception
of understanding things.

> it is not in my intentons to troll the list or talk dirty, but also i
> cannot withstand anymore people talk down to me like that, when the
> only thing i doid was to ask some questions, which in turn helped us all.

Indeed it is not your intention to troll, you only want to ask questions.
And if it turns out that your behaviour during the asking of these questions
is very annoying, we should just shoulder the burden of that annoyance
since it wasn't intended. Asking you to change your behaviour? That
wouldn't be fair because you never intended to annoy.

> Especially i cant stand people which never to spend 5 mins to reply,
> but they are devoted a couple of weeks to belittle me instead.

I can't stand people who seem to think that only people who have helped
them can give valid criticism. Yet here you are. It seems we'll both have
to find a way in coping.

--
Antoon Pardon