python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 14:42:48 EDT 2013

Op 01-07-13 16:01, Walter Hurry schreef:
> On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:56:54 +0200, Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>> Op 01-07-13 09:55, Νίκος schreef:
>>> Στις 1/7/2013 9:37 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγραψε:

>>> Well, i will also follow your advice and not care at all about your
>>> feeling when you read the following.
>>
>> This makes no sense. You are not following my advice, if you were
>> already behaving like this.
>>

>>> GO FUCK YOURSELF.
>>>

>> No thanks, I'm getting a little old for that.
>
> Please...enough. Polite request: consider killfiling him and having done
> with it.
>
> It is irritating to see all the responses even though I killfiled him
> long ago. Whilst I realise, of course, that it is entirely your
> prerogative to choose what to do, I have no doubt that many others feel
> as I do.

How about the following comprimise. I'll get myself a second identity.
Every respons I make to Nikos will be done with the same identity.
Normal python exchanges will be done with the other. You can then
simply killfile my identity that engages with Nikos.

Let me know what you think about this.

--
Antoon Pardon