python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:00:49 EDT 2013

On Monday, July 1, 2013 7:31:18 PM UTC+5:30, Walter Hurry wrote:
> Please...enough. Polite request: consider killfiling him and having done
> with it.
>

> It is irritating to see all the responses even though I killfiled him
> long ago. Whilst I realise, of course, that it is entirely your
> prerogative to choose what to do, I have no doubt that many others feel
> as I do.

Walter I would humbly suggest that you consider that the real problem here is the "many others" not speaking up.

And that is at least in part happening because of the wrong use of tools -- wrong uses that you are advocating above.

To wit:

1. Kill-filing/spam-filtering are tools for spam.
Nikos is certainly not spamming in the sense of automated sending out of cooked mail to zillions of recipients/lists.  His posts are definite and intentional

2. Likewise Nikos is not trolling.
A troll is someone who posts seemingly innocuous stuff to cause irritation and then enjoys the results.  Here he clearly wants answers to the questions he is asking

So I suggest that if we want to address this problem we need to sit back individually and collectively, put aside habitual labels like spam/troll, and likewise habits of mind, and ask what exactly is the problem we are dealing with.