indexerror: list index out of range??

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 1 08:30:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:45:52 +0100, Robert Kern wrote:

> On 2013-06-29 16:52, Joshua Landau wrote:

>>> Please don't make comments like this, you'll upset the Python Mailing
>>> List Police.
>>
>> *doesn't understand*
>
> Mark frequently makes similar comments (in content and tone) to people
> who come here using Google Groups. Presumably, he has received criticism
> for this (mostly on tone grounds, I imagine), either on or off list.

That would be me, and it wasn't about Google Groups.

After Mark was repeatedly abusive towards somebody, including telling
this person to kill themselves, and after he chose to ignore both polite
requests to cease flaming, and a fair warning that he would be kill-filed
if he persisted, he persisted and so I kill-filed him. Which is a pity,
because Mark does know Python well and he can be very helpful (although
sometimes abrasive). I think on balance, when he's not flaming, he makes
a positive contribution to this community.

The kill-filing is only temporary, and I look forward to seeing his posts
again soon. Hopefully by that time, he'll stop feeling put-out and hurt
that I've chosen to not read his flames, and cease misrepresenting my
actions.

--
Steven