Further evidence that Python may be the best language forever

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Jan 29 01:59:39 EST 2013

Michael Torrie, 29.01.2013 02:15:
> On 01/28/2013 03:46 PM, Malcolm McCrimmon wrote:
>> My company recently hosted a programming competition for schools
>> across the country.  One team made it to the finals using the Python
>> client, one of the four default clients provided (I wrote it).  Most
>> of the other teams were using Java or C#.  Guess which team won?
>>
>> http://www.windward.net/codewar/2013_01/finals.html

We did a similar (although way smaller) contest once at a university. The
task was to write a network simulator. We had a C team, a Java team and a
Python team, four people each. The Java and C people knew their language,
the Python team just started learning it.

The C team ended up getting totally lost and failed. The Java team got most
things working ok and passed. The Python team got everything working, but
additionally implemented a web interface for the simulator that monitored
and visualised its current state. They said it helped them with debugging.

> What language was the web page hosted in?  It comes up completely blank
> for me. :)

Yep, same here. Hidden behind a flash wall, it seems.

Stefan