Mixxx DJ app and Python

David Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:42:07 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM,  <mikprog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:13:09 PM UTC, David Hutto wrote:
> [..]

>> Hydrogen, and audacity work perfectly together.
>

> Hi David,
> thanks for your reply.
> I am not sure though that this is going to help me.
> We have built a kind of basic controller that sends commands via bluetooth.
> Then I should have some device (like a linux pc or raspberry Pi) where I have my applications that listen for these bluetooth commands and drives a DJ application accordingly (like mixing two sounds, sync them etc).
>
> Obviously to write the whole application will take ages and I saw that the Mixxx one does everything I want.
> So I am searching for a way to interface to it programatically.

Well you can just use their(Mixx's) source code that they used from
another wav form manipulation library(more than likely), after the
trigger from the bluetooth. If you're talking voice, and music to
sync, then either go with transmitting at the same, or take two
receivers(one for each transmitter), and run them in unison on
different frequencies, after they've been received..

I've never tried this, but it seems logical.

> Do you mean that Hydrogen and Audacity would replace the Mixxx app and I can call their functionality from Python?
> Or were you thinking about something else?
>
> Thanks,
> Mik
> --

Best Regards,