Cancel threads after timeout

Matt Jones matt.walker.jones at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:48:31 EST 2013

It sounds like your real problem is with your SQL query...  Is that part of
this problem under your control?  Can you break the query into smaller,
quicker, pieces that you can run in a reasonable amount of time?

If not, nesting threads might be your best programmatic solution.  Heed
Jason's warning though that the SQL Server my still be working even if you
cancel an operation from the outside (which could compound your problem).

*Matt Jones*