create object base on text file

cxleung at gmail.com cxleung at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:28:52 EST 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013 9:04:31 PM UTC+8, Dave Angel wrote:
> On 01/25/2013 07:06 AM, moonhkt wrote:
>
> > Hi All
>

> > Python 2.6.x on AIX
>

> > Data file
>

> > PrinterA
>
> >        print Production batch1
>
> >               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >        print Production batch2
>
> >               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >        print Production batch3
>
> >             xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > PrinterB
>
> >       print Production batch4
>
> >             xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >        print Production batch5
>
> >            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > What to using python create object base on date file ? I know how to
>
> > read text file.
>

> > object["PrinterA"] have  batch1,  batch2,  batch3
>

> > object["PrinterB"] have  batch4, batch5
>

> > moonhkt
>

> What Python version are you targeting?
>

> It would save everyone a lot of time if you quoted the homework
>
> assignment directly.  Also, be more careful about typos.  Is it a date
>
> file, or a data file?
>

> You can create an object very easily.  a = object().  You can add
>
> attributes to many objects by simply saying
>
>      a.attrib = 42
>

> Unfortunately you can't do that to an "object" class instance.  So you
>
> need to clarify.
>

> Now, you used dictionary syntax, so perhaps you didn't mean create an
>
> object, but create a dict.
>

> a = dict()
>
> a["PrinterA"] = "batch1", "batch2", "batch3"
>
> print a
>

> produces
>
> {'PrinterA': ('batch1', 'batch2', 'batch3')}
>

> What part of the assignment is giving you trouble?  What have you
>
> written so far?
>

> --
>
> DaveA

Thank I get the methods.
Python 2.6.2

I just leaning python , before using gawk/ksh.

#!/usr/bin/env python

a= dict()
a["PrintA"]= ["batch1","batch2","batch3"]
a["PrintB"] = ["batch4","batch5"]

a["PrintA"].append("batch6")

print a
for k in sorted(a.keys()):
    for j in sorted(a[k]):
     print k , j

Output
{'PrintA': ['batch1', 'batch2', 'batch3', 'batch6'], 'PrintB': ['batch4', 'batch5']}
PrintA batch1
PrintA batch2
PrintA batch3
PrintA batch6