Converting a string to a number by using INT (no hash method)

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:15:50 EST 2013

I just need a way to CONVERT a string(absolute path) to a 4-digit unique number with INT!!! That's all i want!! But i cannot make it work :(

And the best part is that "that" number must be able to turn back into a path.

This way i DON'T EVEN HAVE TO STORE THE ACTUAL HTML PAGE'S ABSOLUTE PATH!!!!

1. User requests a specific html page( .htaccess gives my script the absolute path for that .html page)
2. I turn the path into a 4-digitnumber
3. i store that number to the database. I DONT EVEN HAVE TO STORE THE PATH TO THE DATABASE ANYMORE!!! this is just great!