Windows subprocess.call problem

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:43:34 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:
> Why not just pass all the filenames as parameters in one invocation of
> notepad?  Assuming Notepad is written reasonably, that'll give it all to you
> in one window, instead of opening many separate ones.

The OP is talking about Windows Notepad. Assuming it to be, quote,
"written reasonably", unquote, is like assuming that an elected
politician has a brain, or that a young child will like broccoli, or
that a post from 88888 Dihedral will be useful and intelligible.

Also, I just tested Notepad, and if it's given multiple parameters, it
interprets them as a single filename with spaces in it (and then
offers to create that file). Was worth a try though.

ChrisA