handling return codes from CTYPES

Steve Simmons square.steve at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 03:02:51 EST 2013

Duncan, Mike, MRAB,

Thank you.  New technology set, same forgotten lesson - RTFM (all of it!).

Thanks also for the clarification on discarding objects and Garbage
Collection.  Looks like I'll have to turn a large chunk of my previous
understanding of (mainframe) languages 'inside out'.

I'm just wondering how often I'll have to chant "it isn't a variable,
it's a name bound to an object" before I can write a chunk of code
without spending ages pondering why it isn't working.

I already like Python for its clean design but I think it'll be a while
before I love it completely.

Steve