Sending a broadcast message using raw sockets

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 02:32:05 EST 2013

I want to write a program in Python that sends a broadcast message using raw sockets. The system where this program will run has no IP or default route defined, hence the reason I need to use a broadcast message.

I've done some searches and found some bits and pieces about using raw sockets in Python, but I haven't been able to find an example that explains how to construct a broadcast message using raw sockets.

Any pointers would be appreciated.