Uniquely identifying each & every html template

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:18:34 EST 2013

On Jan 21, 8:07 pm, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Τη Δευτέρα, 21 Ιανουαρίου 2013 9:20:15 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Chris Angelico έγραψε:
>

> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > An .html page must retain its database counter value even if its:
>
> > > (renamed && moved && contents altered)
>
> > Then you either need to tag them in some external way, or have some
>
> > kind of tracking operation - for instance, if you require that all
>
> > renames/moves be done through a script, that script can update its
>
> > pointer. Otherwise, you need magic, and lots of it.
>
> > ChrisA
>
> Perhaps we should look into on how's the OS handles the file to get an idea on how its done?

Yes…
Perhaps the most useful for you suggestion Ive seen in this thread is
to look at git.
If you do you will find that
a. git has to do a great deal more work than you expect to factorize
out content-tracking from file-tracking
b. Yet it can get it wrong

Look at
snapshoting file systems http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapshot_%28computer_storage%29#File_systems