Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:38:18 EST 2013

Τη Δευτέρα, 21 Ιανουαρίου 2013 10:48:11 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Piet van Oostrum έγραψε:
> Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:
>

> > This python script acts upon websites other people use and every html
>
> > templates has been written by different methods(notepad++,
>
> > dreamweaver, joomla).
>

> > Renames and moves are performed, either by shell access or either by
>
> > cPanel access by website owners.
>

> > That being said i have no control on HOW and WHEN users alter their html pages.
>

> Under these circumstances the only way to solve it is to put an
>
> identification *inside* the file and make sure it will not be changed.
>
> It could for example be some invisible piece of HTML, or an attribute to
>
> some tag. If that can't be done the problem cannot be solved and it
>
> makes no sense keeping asking the same question over and over again.

The solution you propose is what i already use for my website.
Since its my website i can edit all the .html i want embedding a unique number in each and evey one of them as i showed in my initial post.

Problem is i'am not allowed to do the same with the other websites i host.
And apart from that even if i was allowed to, an html page could be rewritten thus the identified would get lost.