Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Jan 21 22:57:54 EST 2013

Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:

>No, it is difficult but not impossible.
>It just cannot be done by tagging the file by:
>
>1. filename
>2. filepath
>3. hash (math algorithm producing a string based on the file's contents)
>
>We need another way to identify the file WITHOUT using the above attributes.

Think about it this way.  Say that YOU, as a human being, were inserted
into the web server.  You are handed the path and the contents of a page
about to be served.  How would YOU solve this problem?

If you can't describe in words how YOU would recognize these altered files,
then there is absolutely no way to teach a computer how to do it.  It IS
impossible.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.