Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Wed Jan 23 07:38:16 EST 2013

On 01/23/2013 05:29 AM, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

>> <snip>
>
> 1. I'am a troll because i want to generate a solution in a specific way?
> 2. Am' i not wasting my time trying to reply to everybody?

1) your username is obviously a pseudonym, and identified by multiple
websites as a troll.  Further, your actions conform to the description
on at least one of those websites.

2) Your replies are mostly of the forms:
     a) but I want a car that gets 300 miles to the gallon
     b) I know you explained that, but would you write all the code for me
     c) I haven't read any of the literature on computer science, so
please build me a perpetual motion machine.  Never mind there's a better
way to solve my problem, I don't want to hear it
     d) I'll ignore any message that I don't understand

3) The time that the OP spends ostensibly trying to get help is time
he's spending for his own benefit.  The time that all the experienced
people on here are spending has been mostly to try to help the OP.
That's a big difference.

Your last code sample was in perl, and while I can read it (and have
worked in it when it was absolutely necessary) I choose not to.  But
just fixing a hash so it doesn't confuse abc with cba will NOT take away
the very real probability of collisions.  Those calculations I did for
you were for the ideal hash.  Most are much worse than that.

And increasing the range of pin from 10000 to 100000 will reduce the
chances of collision, but not by nearly enough.  It still only takes
about 150 average samples to get a collision likelihood of over 10%

You think it's an accident that md5 size is roughly equivalent to 39
decimal digits?  Or that the ones that haven't been proven insecure are
much larger than that?  The sha512 hash is roughly equivalent to 154
decimal digits.

--
DaveA