Beginner Tutorials

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:20:13 EST 2013

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=don%27t+disable+right+click

> Given the chance, they'll copy/paste the code and download the designs and edit them slightly. They'd get through the tutorials in about 25 minutes and have learnt next to nothing.

Ways to overcome it:
(a) curl/python -c 'import requests; requests.get('/wget
http://usingpython.com/; (a nice textarea with the code
(b) browser development tools, view source keyboard shortcuts etc.;
(c) OCR;
(d) disabling JavaScript;
(e) writing it by hand, because it is relatively short.

> In talking to students about existing resources, they said that blindly copying code didn't really help them get a deep understanding of algorithms and how to apply them to other problems.

Can’t you fail them (or whatnot) if they don’t learn that?  That
sounds like the best solution to such problems.

> In the password-protected solutions i will provide downloads to source code, etc, and any student smart enough to get around my protection probably understands python basics :)

WordPress ≠ Python, unless your password is a code used to generate
the 01189998819991197253 number out of prime factorization or
something like that.

> Thanks for the comments.
> --

Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail                | always bottom-post
http://asciiribbon.org        | http://caliburn.nl/topposting.html