Beginner Tutorials

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:35:57 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Virgil Stokes <vs at it.uu.se> wrote:

> On 18-Jan-2013 15:47, Rik wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've developed a website for beginners to Python. I'd appreciate any
>> comments or criticism. It's still under development, and should be finished
>> in the next few months. Oh, and it's free to use.
>>
>> www.usingpython.com
>>
> You have  done well Rik. I like your approach to passwords for solutions
> and your selection of topics is quite good for a "jump start" with Python.
>  However, I suggest that in your menu you change several of your items to
> lower case (for consistency with the Python language):   For -> for, While
> -> while, if-Else -> if-else, Elif -> elif.
>
> I am curious --- what software did you use to create your nice web pages
> for this tutorial?

I was curious too, since I noticed right click doesn't work on the pages.
So, you use Wordpress and have this plugin:
http://chetangole.com/blog/wp-copyprotect/  .  I am wondering why you think
it is so important that your source code not be viewed?  Of course it can
be viewed with curl or wget or similar methods, just not be a curious
reader who is interested in the underlying html that produced the site.
Messing with the reader's browser is not considered polite by many!

> In summary --- good work Rik :-)
>
> --V
> --

Joel Goldstick