Vote tallying...

Nick Cash nick.cash at npcinternational.com
Fri Jan 18 10:19:49 EST 2013

> I have a problem which may fit in a mysql database, but which I only
> have python as an alternate tool to solve... so I'd like to hear some
> opinions...

Is there a reason you can't use an RDBMS for this? MySQL would certainly be fine, although I always recommend PostgreSQL over it. Based on the amount of data you've specified, you really don't want to be rolling your own data storage system. If you absolutely cannot install any new software, Sqllite is built into Python and would work almost as well.