PyWart: Exception error paths far too verbose

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:33:29 EST 2013

On Jan 17, 3:32 am, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1-16-2013 8:45 AM Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
> > What personal library folder?
>
> The single MONOLITHIC folder you SHOULD be using to contain all your
> personal modules and scripts! But of course you are not doing this,
> only professionals are consistent.

And here you reveal you have no idea whatsoever of what "professional"
programmers do.

In my workplace, we are each working on multiple projects
simultaneously, which will often require different versions of the
same libraries. How do I shove 2 versions of the same Python library
into this monolithic folder?

Since you're so fond of absolute declarations that will benefit the
Python community, here's on for you:

I've seen many times people responding to Rick as if he held
legitimate opinions and I believe I should define the situations in
which you should and shouldn't listen to him. Is he talking about
Tkinter? If not, he's talking garbage. If so, *and* he's including
code examples, then assess what he's saying carefully and just ignore
any pointless rhetoric.

He has NO suggestions that would improve Python as a whole because
he's coming from a place of theoretical-point-scoring over *pragmatic
and tested change*. If he was so keen on these suggestions of his,
there are a myriad of ways in which he could contribute back -
patches, pypi libraries, code samples - rather than rant and rant and
*rant* without producing anything. No one is going to redefine the
entire language of computer science on the say so of one annoying
idiot.