Python modules

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Jan 14 14:48:05 EST 2013

On 2013-01-14, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only a fool would do "from Tkinter import *"[2].

> [2] With the exception of command line testing, learning, or playing.

I don't think those should be excepted. Habits acquired during
learning/playing will be continue when doing real work, and "Example"
code provided as part of lessons/tutorials _will_ get copied into real
programs.

IMO, tutorials that take shortcuts like "from Tkinter import *" are A
Bad Thing(tm).

When teaching somebody how to do something, don't show them the wrong
way do to something and then after they've learned that add "by the
way, don't actually do it that way".

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Your CHEEKS sit like
                                  at               twin NECTARINES above