PyWart (Terminolgy): "Class"

Dan Sommers dan at tombstonezero.net
Mon Jan 14 19:51:13 EST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:00:13 -0600, Tim Chase wrote:

> Clearly Python should use a keyword like "Kingdom" or "Phylum" instead.
> I guess "Kingdom" should be reserved for metaclasses (or would they be
> metaphylums?  or metaphyla?)

Metaphyla, of course.

>    kingdom Baz:
>       pass
>
>    phylum Foo:
>      __metaphylum__ = Baz

But it's obvious that kingdoms are metaphyla, and it would be silly for
one phylum to inherit from another (let alone for a phylum to inherit
from a class), so couldn't we just claim that Foo inherits from Baz and
be done with it:

    phylum Foo(Baz):
        pass

> That is SO much clearer ;-)

For some definitions of "SO" and "much," yes.  ;-)

Dan