PyWart (Terminolgy): "Class"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:57:58 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Peter <peter.milliken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Real mature lot of responses here guys - shows how much you have grown up.
>
> Reading this thread looked more like observing a bunch of 3rd grader - somebody offers an opinion and all you can do is ridicule it?
>
> Real mature - certainly gives Python a good name having followers like this...
>
> But then I guess I will cop flack for this rejoinder too...

Rick Johnson is a well-known troll. Opinion is divided as to the best
way to handle the matter; one school follows the "Don't feed the
trolls" motto and ignores him, the other trolls him right back. Rick
has promised for a long time now that he's going to produce a Python
4000 (though I suspect Guido will produce Python 4.0 first, so it'll
become Python 5000), but so far we haven't seen *any* code. His
eternal complaints about Python are thus pure trolling and not well
respected.

I'm sorry the forum comes across sounding immature, but it's like a
good game of Whack-A-Troll, or what Railbastard calls an
"apparatusing". It's the community's way of maintaining itself.

Expressing opinions won't get you flamed. Demanding that other people
write a whole lot of code to suit your ridiculous notions of "warts"
and doing none of the coding yourself, and keeping this up for years
and years, WILL eventually get you flamed. And along the way, it gets
you into a lot of people's killfiles.

Oh, and Dennis? Mal. Bad. From the Latin. :)

ChrisA